The non-polar structure of Polypropylene sheet and rod gives it a very high molecular mass. This makes polypropylene highly resistant to chemicals and to aqueous solutions of salts, acids and alkalis.
Polypropylene homopolymers have a high level of stiffness and toughness at room temperature. This, together with their capacity to repel water and it being easily workable, makes them a good choice for mechanical and structural applications. With its ability to be an easily weldable thermoplastic, it is ideal for tanks, fittings and vessels for the mineral processing, mining and galvanising industries.
Key features and benefits polypropylene PP sheet products:
- Very high chemical resistance
- Excellent impact resistance
- Higher scratch resistance than HDPE
- Excellent moisture resistance
- Food grade
Applications polypropylene sheet products:
- Food or corrosive storage vessels
- Cooling or scrubbing towers
- Pump bodies and components
- Wall cladding
- Plating tanks and hoods
- Bench tops, etc