High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
High Density Polyethylene is also referred to as HDPE. It is available in various grades depending on the application requirements.
HDPE has the advantage of being very light and an extremely tough, chemically resistant plastic. It does not absorb water and it has good sliding abrasion resistance as well as being self lubricating.
The key benefits of HDPE and HMWPE Sheet include:
- High chemical resistance
- Excellent impact resistance
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Very low co-efficient of friction
- Very high surface release properties
- Very good damping properties
- Weldable plastic
Applications of HDPE sheet, HMWPE sheet and HDPE rod include:
- Flow promoting liners to resist sliding abrasion and assist release
- Conveyor components subject to high wear and requiring low friction
- Components in direct contact with food stuffs
- Parts subject to high impact stresses