Clear Acrylic sheet is one of the most commonly used and versatile plastic sheeting materials in the world today. Acrylic is also available in rod and tube form. Acrylic sheets are strong, lightweight, glass-like plastic with excellent outdoor weatherability and optical clarity. It has the advantage of being 17 times stronger than glass, at half the weight, making for a safer option as there is less change of breakage.
Other key advantage and benefits of acrylic include:
- 100% recyclable
- suitable for food contact
- versatility and is easy to fabricate, glue and bend without the need for specialised tooling
- UV resistance
- exceptionally long lifespan
- good acoustic properties
There are two basic types of acrylic sheets and the manufacturing process result in products with differences in properties and performance.
Cell cast acrylic sheets have exceptionally high quality with excellent technical properties and high strength. Easy to handle, machine and fabricate, extruded acrylic sheets have improved vacuum formability and are ideal for applications where complex shapes are required.
Applications for cast acrylic sheets include:
- Point of Purchase / Retail / Exhibition displays
- Shop fitting / Shelving
- Framing / Model making
- Architectural applications
- Parts for the medical industry
- Light fittings or roof lighting
- Screens / Partitions